Hi! I'm Rory Green.
I'm a writer, editor and coder who lives and works on Gadigal land.
I write poetry and electronic literature about memory, place and media culture. In 2016 I took part in Express Media's inaugural Toolkits: Poetry program, and in 2019 I was selected for Running Dog's inaugural poetry micro-residency.
Here are some things I have written:
- gengar, Cordite Poetry Review
- futurity blues, Running Dog
- sentiment anomaly, The Lifted Brow
- mammoth, Rabbit Poetry issue 24, LGBTQIA+
- golem, Plumwood Mountain Volume 5 Number 2
My current main writing project is Otherwise Pokedex, a Tinyletter I have been publishing since January 2017 with the aim to publish a poem for each of the 151 first generation Pokemon.
I also make zines! My infozines are free to download and distribute:
- Make computer-generated poems, fiction and bots with Tracery
- Little book of poem games
- Make interactive fiction with Twine
- Making narrative games with Bitsy
I'm currently available to read my work and facilitate workshops on a number of topics including: computer-facilitated writing, zine-making, creative constraints, and online communities. Email me if you've got a hookup!
Some past events I've been involved with include:
- Workshop: 'Deconstructing Digital Poetry', Running Dog at Carriageworks, March 2021
- Workshop: 'Digital Writing Experimentations', National Young Writers Festival, October 2020
- Workshop: 'Writing Machines', Queensland Poetry Festival, September 2020
- Panel: 'Games as Digital Literature', Freeplay Independent Games Festival, May 2020
- Workshop: 'Decoding Digital Storytelling', Digital Writers Festival, November 2019
- Online Editor at Voiceworks
- Facilitator at Toolkits: Digital Storytelling
- Codirector at Subbed In
- Zine Fair Coordinator at National Young Writers Festival
Thank you to Rebecca-Marian Irene for taking the pics of me used on this site and Dan Urbanowicz for the site template.