Hi! I'm Rory Green.
I'm a writer, editor and casual coder who lives and works on Gadigal land.
- Online Editor for Voiceworks
I primarily write poetry and electronic literature about memory, place and pop culture. In 2016 I took part in Express Media's inaugural Toolkits :Poetry program, and in 2019 I was selected for Running Dog's inaugural poetry micro-residency.
Some of my writing includes:
- futurity blues, Running Dog
- mammoth, Rabbit Poetry issue 24, LGBTQIA+
- golem, Plumwood Mountain Volume 5 Number 2
My current main writing project is Otherwise Pokedex, a Tinyletter I have been publishing since January 2017 with the aim to publish a poem for each of the 151 first generation Pokemon.
I also make zines! My infozines are free to download and distribute:
- Make computer-generated poems, fiction and bots with Tracery
- Little book of poem games
- Make interactive fiction with Twine
- Making narrative games with Bitsy
I'm currently available to read my work and facilitate workshops on a number of topics including: computer-facilitated writing, zine-making, creative constraints, and online communities. Email me if you've got a hookup!
Some past events I've been involved with include:
- Workshop: 'Decoding Digital Storytelling', Digital Writers Festival, November 2019
- Panel: 'Poetry and Play', Freeplay Independent Games Festival, May 2018
- Readings: 'Multi-media Multi-verse' and 'Fan Fiction Cos-Play Reading', National Young Writers Festival, September 2017
- Reading: 'roflcopters everywhere and not a drop to drink', Subbed In, August 2016
Thank you to Rebecca-Marian Irene for taking the pics of me used on this site and Dan Urbanowicz for the site template.